Archive for December, 2015
Actors and creative artists need fallow time as well. We need down time to regroup, reflect, rest, and drink in the life experiences that we then use to feed our creative expression.
In the next couple of weeks before pilot season begins, give yourself some fallow time. Enjoy the holidays with your family; without working, without worrying about how your career will bloom next year.
Rest, relax, reflect. There will be plenty of time to get things started and to make things happen in 2016.
May joy and peace fill your holidays. And may abundance of love and opportunity fill your New Year.
Thank you for allowing me to be of service to you and your dreams.
How are you and your family spending the holidays? Share your thoughts and experiences for what you do to rest, relax and reflect in the comments below. Thank you.
LIVE THE DREAM YOU WERE BORN TO
Acting should be simple. But that doesn’t mean it’s easy. If you’re an actor or you know someone who is, there is no better moment than 2014 to make the intention to take full control of your acting career and live the dream you were born to.
Call 818-325-5752 or email me at Loren@IntentionalActing.com to schedule an interview in January and sign up for next year’s Intentional Acting classes.
In the meantime, to learn more about Intentional Acting and the 9 questions that frame the work I do with actors of all ages visit www.intentionalacting.com/what-is-intentional-acting/.
Loren E. Chadima
Bring Out Your Best When It Matters Most!
LIKE my PAGE Today!
Facebook: Intentional Acting
Follow Me on Twitter
With Pilot Season around the corner you can’t afford not to be.
Where there used to be over 300 pilots made in one season, now there may be only 30. Studios are not making as many films either which means more movie stars go to television, not just to star in series, but to do three-or-four-episode guest roles. Remember there are over 2000 actors being submitted for every role. You have to be at your very best when that audition comes in.
Take an inventory – an honest one or it really doesn’t work. Have your coach or teacher give you feedback.
Here are six questions to help.
1. Are you breaking down a script and making the strongest choice?
2. Are you owning the room when you walk into the audition?
3. Do you adjust quickly if you’re not in the mood or something happens in the waiting room to throw you off?
4. Are you really adjusting to the direction the CD gave you or are you giving them the same thing twice?
5. Are your headshots working for you? Looking like you? Resume up to date?
6. Are you in class? Professional actors, like professional athletes – Practice.
This is your Pre-Season. Take your inventory, practice and get to work!
Feel free to share your inventory results or other questions that might help.
1. Banish Procrastination – Take Action Now
2. Show Up
3. Follow Up
4. Start Anywhere
5. Do Something: Work Begets Work
6. Try Something New – Get Out Of Your Comfort Zone
7. Give up being Perfect – Just do it!
8. Ask For Help
9. Get A Mentor
10. Seek Inspiration
11. Give More Hugs
12. Be of Service
13. Practice Gratitude
14. Don’t Stop
15. Smile A lot!
Share the ways you get out of your own way. Let this be a forum to help each other.