With Pilot Season around the corner you can’t afford not to be.
Where there used to be over 300 pilots made in one season, now there may be only 30. Studios are not making as many films either which means more movie stars go to television, not just to star in series, but to do three-or-four-episode guest roles. Remember there are over 2000 actors being submitted for every role. You have to be at your very best when that audition comes in.
Take an inventory – an honest one or it really doesn’t work. Have your coach or teacher give you feedback.
Here are six questions to help.
1. Are you breaking down a script and making the strongest choice?
2. Are you owning the room when you walk into the audition?
3. Do you adjust quickly if you’re not in the mood or something happens in the waiting room to throw you off?
4. Are you really adjusting to the direction the CD gave you or are you giving them the same thing twice?
5. Are your headshots working for you? Looking like you? Resume up to date?
6. Are you in class? Professional actors, like professional athletes – Practice.
This is your Pre-Season. Take your inventory, practice and get to work!
Feel free to share your inventory results or other questions that might help.