Thank you to Abraham Lincoln; who felt that in the middle of the Civil War, we needed a National Holiday of gratitude. It reminds me that I always have something for which to be grateful. I thought I’d share my gratitude list with you this year.
Here’s my life of things I am grateful for:
1. All of you who read my Acting Tips and have started watching my vlogs. Thank you for the opportunity to teach, inspire, inform, and uplift.
2. My students – they teach me something new about life, acting, myself, and creativity every day.
3. The opportunity to teach. I feel so lucky that I get to do a job I absolutely love – and that’s because of you.
4. To be living in Hollywood. Yes, I love this crazy business. I remember living in Rhode Island and reading about a screening at the DGA and being so disappointed because I couldn’t attend.
5. The Lankershim Arts Center, The Road Theatre and Gallery 800. Thank you for providing Intentional Acting with a beautiful, inspiring space in which to teach.
6. My family – particularly my husband and son.
7. @DallasTravers, @PerformerTrack, @CreateYourReel for being wonderful artists and honest business people who are full of integrity. You are a pleasure with which to do business.
8. The @SAGConservatory, @theActorsKey, and the @OakwoodApartments for inviting me to speak and teach your great actors.
9. My incredible team of people who help and support me – Gillian Bellinger, Erica Jenkins, Stephanie Bennett, Cheryl Gaskill, Bud, Mary Pat, Will and my Mastermind group.
10. The wonderful agents, managers and casting directors who believe in Intentional Acting and let me help you.
11. And the turkey which is giving her life to feed my family on Thursday.
Please share your gratitude list in the comments below.
Thank you for again for your support of Intentional Acting. I wish you and your family a safe and joyful holiday.